Every year, I get into this mad frenzy around the end of December. Feeling rather virtuous, I solemnly vow that the next year I’ll be a body-builder in my spare time/run five miles before breakfast/force my curly hair to go straight using nothing but willpower/[insert other incredibly preposterous goal here]. I have even made these commitments out loud on occasion.
This year, since I’m older and wiser (snicker), I decided to tone it down and make goals that I might actually be capable of keeping. So, without further ado, I do solemnly pledge to:
1. Write and publish four full-size novels. 1. Write and publish three full-size novels and two shorter works.
1. Write the first drafts of three full-size novels, and publish at least two of those novels.
2. Not complain or whine even once about my circumstances, because they are damn good.
2. Complain no more than once a
month week day about my circumstances, because they are damn good. 3. Workout every single day without fail. if I can. 3. Workout three times a week.
3. Workout at some point.
4. You know what? This is exhausting. I’ll do what I do, dagnabit.
What about you? Any high-flying plans this year? Or are you going to be anti-goal, like me?